Lennon Recovery House Association Inc.
COUNSELLINGASSOCIATIONS - NOT FOR PROFIT
Opened in 1882, what is now Lennon House was formerly the St. Augustine's Convent, a Convent Boarding and Day School run by the Sisters of the Congregation of Notre Dame.
In 1932, it was destroyed by fire, but quickly rebuilt to continue schooling for local residents.
1977, after several transfers of ownership, the building was purchased by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Charlottetown and renamed as the Belcourt Centre, used as a retreatment house and renewal centre from 1981 through 2004.
From 2004 through 2013, Belcourt centre continued to offer services to those in need of a homelike atmosphere.
Lennon House's Former Director, Dianne submitted a proposal to repurpose Belcourt, it was her plan to open a recovery home for those that struggled like her son Lennon did.
In October of 2017, Bishop Richard Grecco accepted Dianne's proposal, and she handed him a loonie to close the sale.?
Lennon House would not be possible without our dedicated team of board members, administration, and peer support workers, currently devoting their time to ensure Lennon House runs smoothly as it works to give those who are struggling, their life back.